Believe by Erin McCarthy

Believe (True Believers, #3)Believe by Erin McCarthy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

So I didn't actually read Sweet, but I read True. Now I just finished reading Believe. I think I liked it better than True.

Robin used to be the party girl. The one who drank a ton and dressed like a slut and sometimes acted like one too. Until she woke up next to her best friends boyfriend. She doesn't remember any of it, but she so disgusted by herself being 'that girl' that she stops partying and drinking and dressing like hooker. Now she's boring and plan. She looks the pat too.

Phoenix spent the past five months in jail for beating up his mothers boyfriend. Said boyfriend happened to be raping his mother and carving into her stomach with a knife, but I guess the police just don't really care. Now he's out.

Eh, I didn't really feel like explaining the entire plot in that min-summary I just wrote. It wasn't the best summary I've written but whatever. Moving on. I loved this book. I loved Phoenix. He was just so... imperfectly perfect. I want a guy like that. And Robin. She made a mistake, but I think she did her best to fix it and that was that.

Definitely going to buy a copy for myself. They were just the perfect couple. I loved it. Such an achingly sweet book. Yes they had their issues. Nothing was perfect. But I thought it was amazing, and I loved it. Maybe I'll get to reading Sweet. Though I never did like Jessica, so maybe I won't. But I did like Riley, so maybe I will. I guess we shall see.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Robin used to be a party girl… until she got black out drunk and woke up in bed with her best friend's boyfriend. Now she's faced with being THAT girl, and couldn't be more disgusted with herself. She can't even tell her friends the reason for her sudden sobriety and she avoids everyone until she meets Phoenix—quiet, tattooed, and different in every way that's good and oh, so bad…

Phoenix is two days out of jail when he meets Robin at his cousin's house, and he knows that he has no business talking to her, but he's drawn to her quiet demeanor, sweet smile, and artistic talent. She doesn't care that he's done time, or that he only has five bucks to his name, and she supports his goal to be a tattoo artist.

But Phoenix knows Robin has a secret, and that it's a naïve dream to believe that his record won't catch up with them at some point. Though neither is prepared for the explosive result when the past collides with the present…
 


Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii