Wild on You by Tina Wainscott

Wild on You (Justiss Alliance, #1)Wild on You by Tina Wainscott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

This book took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. I took one look at the cover and decided I wouldn't like it. I seem to be doing that a lot recently. It just shows you can never judge a book by its cover. I recently read Levitating Las Vegas. I hated it. But I read it because of the awesome cover.

Risk is an ex-SEAL and now works for a private security company. His first job? Babysit a generals daughter. Only, said daughter is far more challenging then he first thought. First off, she has a list of people who could possibly want to kill her. For someone who looks like a princess, she sure has a lot of enemies.

Addie may look like a sweet girl who is nothing more than a rich military brat. But in all actuality she has a ton of enemies. She's a vegetarian. And she puts animals lives before her own. Often times she will break the law for the animals. And now it has landed her in hot water with someone trying to kill her.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

That is my first thought when hearing about Addie's list of enemies. She an animals rights leader. Which I approve of, since saving animals is something I strongly believe in. I like Addie. She's not perfect (she eats two bites of steak at one point. Not a very good vegetarian. And she eats fish, which in my book doesn't make her a vegetarian at all). But I like her. She stands up for what she believes in. She's so passionate about animals that she puts her life on the line for them.

I also like Risk. He's kind of cocky and not very humble about his looks, but he's not bad. He was screwed over and framed for something he didn't do (his SEAL buddies too). He's a good guy. Not as interesting as Addie, but I think I connect to her better because we're more alike and Risk and I. Though I do like Risk's adrenalin junkie attitude. Hence his name. I'd love to go skydiving, unfortunately I don't have any friends who are crazy as I am about that kind of stuff.

Several things I didn't like about the book: Addie isn't a real vegetarian. I realize that this is really an opinion and not a fact, but she eats fish. I take the concept of the eyes being windows to the soul literally. If something has two eyes then it has a soul therefore it is wrong to kill the animals (notice I said 'two' eyes. Yeah, spiders have four eyes I think. Or maybe it was eight? Well those things are soulless. I'll give me theory on that another time).

So I don't think Addie is a real vegetarian. And she takes two bites of steak. I can't fathom ever wanting to eat meat again. It doesn't smell good to me. It makes me want to gag. I can't look at meat without wanting to throw up. Yeah, I'm really stuck up on her not being a real vegetarian. And again, I know that's my opinion, not a fact, but it bugged me so I'm pointing it out.

Another thing I was disturbed about was the evil dude. I won't mention his name as that would be a spoiler, but I will tell you what the evil guy wants to do incase you have a weak stomach with this sort of thing. The guy trying to kill Addie wanted to hunt her. Like an animal. Put her in the shoes of the animals she tries so desperately to save. It made my stomach hurt reading about it. Who could be so messed up to even think that way? I guess I know how my mother feels about the Hunger Games now (she has four children, two of them very young, so the idea of children killing each other disturbs her).

But really, this was an awesome book, disturbing minds aside. I loved it and I was super impressed. I can't wait to read the next one. I hope it has the other SEAL guys in it. It was an addicting read.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Introducing the Justiss Alliance, an elite team of heroes out to do right. In Wild on You, one untamable SEAL meets a woman who handles the wildest sort of animals—until she herself becomes the hunted.
 
When Rick Yarbrough, aka Risk, a discharged SEAL with a taste for danger, joins the Justiss Alliance, his first assignment seems like a baby-sitting gig: He must guard an out-of-control general’s daughter. Then he meets his charge.

Addie Wunder is no baby. She’s a dedicated animal-rights activist who isn’t above breaking the law if innocent creatures are threatened. But her work has made her a lot of powerful enemies. If she doesn’t stop, she may just turn herself into an endangered species.

Risk’s mission is to keep Addie out of trouble. But as they grow closer, Addie becomes so much more than a job. And the more he has to lose, the more Risk is willing to put his own life on the line—for her cause, her safety, and her sweet-hot embrace.




Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii