Rival by Lacy Yager

RivalRival by Lacy Yager
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing  

Vampires have become so popular and a little too clichéd for vampire stories to ever really be different. This one is a little. A vampire Chaser family, Emily is just about to turn 18. Her mother wants to have a cotillion. Emily hates dresses. She loves to fight. She wants to be a chaser, just like her dad was, until he got killed by a vampire. Brett has juvenile arthritis. But he doesn't want anyone to know, because he doesn't want them to think that he is weak. He's been in love with Emily since he was 14 and she first threw him down on the mat. But he thinks its time to move on. She obviously interested. But some vampire attacks draw them closer together and with the martial arts competition coming up they turn towards each other rather than apart.

Not a bad book, just not a great one either. I think if vampires hadn't been so overused this would've seemed better to me. As it was it was just okay. I wasn't a fan of the insta-love either. But other than that the book was alright.

I'd say read it if you can't find anything good to read, but probably don't go out of your way for it. Maybe pick it up from the library or borrow from a friend.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Her destiny. His determination.
Born a fifth generation vampire Chaser, seventeen-year-old Emily Santos wants nothing more than to join the family business. But Emily's mother refuses, so Emily must channel her aggression into her martial arts training.

Black belt senior Brett Carson has decided it's time to rid himself of his unrequited feelings for Emily. But when he finds himself in the middle of an altercation with Emily and a gang of vampires, he is drawn into a world he never expected. And Brett is hiding a secret of his own...


Add to Goodreads



Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii