Shadow Allegiance by Lacy Yager

Shadow Allegiance (Unholy Alliance, #2)Shadow Allegiance by Lacy Yager
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

I liked this book so much better than the last one.

Rachel is a Chaser, someone born to hunt down and kill vampires. Until she's turned into one of the things he hates the most. Alex was a Chaser. Two hundred years ago. Now he's a vampire. Together they find themselves... and a love like no other.

Still not a fan of the insta-love. But I did like the story. I was reading it during my math class (okay, I hate math, and I suck at it. But since I'm doing well and would rather read than listen, I said why not). I got all chocked up at the part where Alex kills a guy and Rachel drinks his blood. Okay, so he's already dead, but still! I was not a fan. I think I was drawing weird looks from my classmates when I started whispering under my breath how horrible it was that she had done that.

But you know what? I liked this book. I thought that Rival was okay, but this one was so much better. I am so glad I got a chance to read and review it and I can't wait to see what happens next. And I just found out about the fist book, so I'll probably borrow/buy that as well.

Definitely worth the read! I'd advise reading this book before Rival though. I almost didn't read this one because that book was such a disappointment. And it was short. I don't like short books. This one was pretty good though. And I guess I'll see how the first one turns out to be.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

A vampire hunter-turned-vampire seeks to destroy her enemies. Until she falls for one of them.

A Chaser born to kill vampires, sixteen-year-old Rachel Campton has grown up in her older brother's shadow. Until she wakes up a vampire, her own mortal foe. She's stronger, faster than her human self, but haunted by bloodlust and the loss of her beloved younger sister. Friendless and lost in enemy territory, Rachel must rely on Alex Wellington, a former nemesis and centuries old vampire who looks like a college football player.

As Rachel goes deep into vamp territory, she learns there is more to the vampire life than killing humans. She also discovers another side to Alex. He is more than a murderer, he is someone that she starts to fall for. Rachel faces the ultimate choice--her new life and unexpected love or the family she left behind, the family that may now want her dead.


Add to Goodreads



Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii