Redemption by C.J. Barry

Redemption (Soul, #1)Redemption by C.J. Barry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing  

Publisher: Forever Yours
Date Published: October 1st 2013
Genre: Urban Fantasy

This is probably going to be a short review. Now I know that sounds bad, but it's not terrible. It's not great either, but it's not terrible.

This book was okay.

But there was no flare to it. I hate to say it, but I didn't manage to finish this one. It wasn't bad writing or a bad story. It was just boring. I kept putting the book down and pacing before picking up another book. I'd finish that book and then come back to this one. It wasn't a bad storyline, I just wasn't hooked on it. I was tired of the story from the end of the second chapter. I got about half way through before giving up.

I think I took pity upon this story because despite how boring it was it was written well enough and wasn't too bad. Maybe others could get into, I just couldn't.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Reya Sinclair is a Redeemer of Souls. Her mission is to give Earth’s most depraved sinners a shot at redemption just before they are slated to die. Her own redemption is on the line as she fulfills her duties, leaving a trail of dead bodies in her wake. It’s all going perfectly well until one detective takes notice, possibly bringing her salvation to a halt.

Thane Driscoll is a good cop who’s seen too many bad guys get away, including the man who murdered his father. He exacts his own style of justice, even if it costs him his humanity. A string of mysterious deaths leads him to a woman who’s not quite human and might hold the key to finding his father’s killer.

When death and shadows descend, New York City becomes a battleground for the forces of light and dark. As the body count rises and sparks fly between them, Reya and Thane race to uncover a terrible truth. Can one man hell-bent on revenge and one woman determined to save her eternal soul be enough to keep the planet from spiraling into darkness?


Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii