All Fired Up by Kate Meader

All Fired Up (Hot in the Kitchen, #2)All Fired Up by Kate Meader
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing  
Publisher: Forever
Date Published: November 5th 2013
Genre: Romance

Cara DeLuca is an uptight, prissy woman. She has issues, like getting over her anorexia, fear of eating in front of other people, and a fear of letting other people in. She likes having control. But one night in Vegas and she's married to an Irishman who she doesn't even know. Shane is an Irish man with secrets of his own. Like Jack Kilroy, Cara's sister's fiancee, is his brother. But he doesn't know it. He's a mad cook and an even better pastry chef. While Cara wasn't in his plans, the heat between the two sparks and flies. It's too hard to stay away.

This book was okay. I didn't like Cara at all. Shane was awesome. But not Cara. She was really just too stuck-up for me. Even with her walls down, I just couldn't like her. Shane on the other hand was easy going and likeable.

The Vegas thing is kind of cliche. But all books need at least one good cliche. I don't know, it was an okay book but I had a hard time really getting into it, you know? It's not that the writing was bad, it was just kind of plain. But I have read much, much worse stories. So I couldn't give it two stars because I felt it was better than that but not as great as what I usually like.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Her sweetest mistake . . .

Cool as a Chicago winter, private events planner Cara DeLuca is a model of self-control . . . until she meets the one temptation she can't resist: Shane Doyle. The sexy, Irish pastry chef is too hot, too sure, too young, and after a crazy night in Vegas - her new husband. While at first Cara wants nothing more than a way out of her sham marriage to Shane, she soon finds that beneath his farm boy demeanor lies a man who can match her drive, both in and out of the bedroom. How can the wrong guy feel so deliciously right?

. . . Tastes so, so good

Shane has carefully structured his career and life around one goal: connecting with the family that doesn't know he exists. Marrying a woman with more issues than a magazine stand wasn't part of the plan, but melting Cara's icy exterior is so worth the detour. Now as the annulment date nears and long-buried secrets are revealed, Shane will have to fight for the one thing guaranteeing the perfect life he craves . . . the current Mrs. Shane Doyle.



Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii