Addicted to You by Krista Ritchie

Addicted to You (Addicted, #1)Addicted to You by Krista Ritchie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

Publisher: K.B. Ritchie
Date published: August 22nd 2013
Genre: New Adult Romance

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this story. I've never been addicted to anything--except maybe books, but I doubt that counts. Never could go more than a few days without a book. But these characters in this book, well, they have real addictions. The kinds I've always looked down on. So how could I condone myself to read on something I've always considered beneath me? Simple. I wanted to understand. I want a glimpse in an addicts head. I can't comprehend being addicted to anything. And I don't know, maybe this is all fiction, maybe some of it is based off of personal experience, either by the authors own struggles or by their family or friends. But I wanted to know what I didn't understand.

I think I have a better grasp on the concept of addictions and how the people it diseases are not always at fault, and if they are how sometimes one mistake ruined their life and it may be better to forgive and forget. At least, most would give others a chance at other mistakes (drinking and driving, cheating, etc.). So addiction should be forgives and helped just as any other mistake.

Now for the actual book. It wasn't bad. In fact, it was pretty good. Two people fighting separate addictions work together to hide their addictions from their families and keep on living. They turn to each other and work towards making themselves happy.

Okay, so that's a crappy summary but I seem to be lacking in the writing department today. I think it has something to do with being half asleep. So this won't be a stellar review, but it will have to suffice because I half another seven to write. That's what I get for procrastinating.

I thought the book was good. It kept me reading and engaged. It was amazing or anything but it was better than okay.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

She’s addicted to sex. He’s addicted to booze…the only way out is rock bottom.

No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway’s biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.

Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they’ve pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They’ve mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.

But as they sink beneath the weight of their addictions, they cling harder to their destructive relationship and wonder if a life together, for real, is better than a lie. Strangers and family begin to infiltrate their guarded lives, and with new challenges, they realize they may not just be addicted to alcohol and sex.

Their real vice may be each other. 


Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii