Wounded by Jasinda Wilder

WoundedWounded by Jasinda Wilder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) really liked it (my current rating)

Publisher: Unknown
Date Published: December 16th 2013
Genre: New Adult Romance

This book blew me away. It was POWERFUL. It was FIERCE. This was one of the strongest, most compelling books I think I have ever read. It gave me a perspective I have never had before, and it made me think twice about some of my beliefs. Wounded makes you grateful for what you do have, as it is so much more than others.

Wounded starts with the story of Rania, an orphaned girl who looks after her brother and soon to be dead aunt. Her brother runs away at twelve and becomes a soldier with one purpose in mind; kill the Americans. Rania becomes a protestute to survive and feed herself. She loathes herself and what she has become.

Hunter is an American Marine. He has no family except for his best friend, Marcus, who is also a Marine. His girlfriend cheated on him and left him homeless. He understands being alone and in pain more than anyone. And when he meets Rania in Iraq, she's the girl who saves his life.

They learn to communicate and slowly they fall in love as Hunter heals and Rania takes care of him. Over time they grow a bond stronger than anything I've ever read in any silly teen romance. This is honest-to-god love in this story. It will move even the coldest of hearts.

No matter what your opinions are regarding United States involvement in the Iraq war and everything along with it, this book is a must-read. It sheds light on both sides and brings the powerful connection that is humanity to life.

I highly recommend Wounded. It has had a huge impact on me. I will be thinking about this book for years to come. I suggest you pick it up, pronto.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

War has taken everything from me. My family. My home. My innocence. In a country blasted by war and wracked by economic hardship, a young orphan girl like me has very few options when it comes to survival. Thus, I do what I must to live, to eat, and I try very hard to not consider the cost to my soul. My heart is empty, and my existence brutal.

The one impossibility in my life is love.

And then I meet HIM.

War is hell. It takes a chunk out of a man's very soul to do the kinds of things war demands of you. You live with fear, you live with guilt, and you live with nightmares. If you haven't been through it, there's no understanding it. War leaves no room for love, no room for tenderness or softness. You gotta be hard, closed off, and ready to fight every moment of every day. Lose focus for a split second, and you're dead.

Now the only thing that can save me is HER.


Add to Goodreads




Kacii
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii