Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

HopelessHopeless by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

That was amazing! This story kept me on my toes the entire time! I never new what was going to happen next and I kept wondering what the hell happened? What made her... like that? It sure was a thrilling read.

Hopeless is about a girl called Sky who falls in love with a boy from her past. She meets the most unexpected demons in her life, and I gotta say, she sure is one helluva brave girl to deal with everything she did and not crack into a million pieces.

It's hard to explain the story without giving away spoilers. And you know how I hate revealing spoilers, though I have no qualms about reading them. So I can't give you an adequate description, but I can tell you that this book is powerful and intense. And you'll love every second of it.

This book does come with some serious emotional trauma. I didn't cry, but it's likely that a lot of who are very emotional about these things will. So be warned. But that shouldn't put you off the book. It took me completely by surprise.

Most books are so predictable from the blurb or the cover. This really shocked me, and I really liked it. Definitely worth the read.


View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever

2 comments:

Alise said...

I keep seeing reviews for this one around all the time! This is my first time I actually read one though. I'm getting more into contemporary so this definitely interests me. I feel the same about spoilers! Although I do love giving fake spoilers to my friends. I'm evil like that. Great review!

Alise @ Readers In Wonderland
YA Blogger Book Club

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment! Contemporary seems to be all I'm reading right now. It sucks, because I really love the paranormal and dystopia and all of that but I just don't feel like reading them. Fake spoilers sound interesting, I may have to do that with my friends!

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii