Stacking the Shelves #39



Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. If you’re anything like me, you are probably hoarding books and even though you are excited about your latest book arrival, it might be a while before you get to review it. And this I'll be doing every other Saturday. Started at Tynga's Reviews

So I'm going to say that this is not my normal StS post. I got mainly nonfiction books for Christmas. I'm not normally a nonfiction kind of girl, but I asked for these and I'll explain why in a minute. Here is what I was given:

7955253Publisher: For Dummies
Date Published: January 24th 2012
Genre: Nonfiction Politics
So - you want to be knowledgeable about British politics but don't know where to start. The rich history, complex statistics and tricky political jargon are getting in your way, not to mention the media hype (is politics only about duck houses and moats?). But don't worry! "British Politics For Dummies" is your essential guide to understanding even the trickiest questions surrounding politics in the UK, so you'll be discussing the ins and out of leaders, parties, ideologies, constitutions, laws, cabinets and summits past and present in no time - and with maximum confidence. Coming up to the potential end of Labour's historic three terms in power, there's never been a better time to get to grips with politics.

This coming May is the next election in the UK. It'll be my first time voting, but I honestly don't have a clue when it comes to British politics. So I asked my family to get me a book on it. And I guess I'll have to start watching British news now. Thank forever for the Internet. Otherwise it would be a pain, being in SK.

What have you stacked on your shelf? And do you vote? Let me know in the comments!

Happy reading,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii