Saving Quinton by Jessica Sorensen

Saving Quinton (Nova, #2)Saving Quinton by Jessica Sorensen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing  

This book was heartbreakingly sad. It was hard to see someone so messed up that they wanted to die, but kept failing to do so.

Nova makes videos of herself. Documenting her thoughts and feelings. It's actually a pretty good idea. She feels guilty, for leaving Quinton, just like she left Landon. So she searches for him. And then she finds him. She wants to save him, like she didn't save Landon. She doesn't want to sit back and watch anymore. She can't see another person she loves die.

Quinton just wants to die. But he can't seem to manage it. How is it fair, that his girlfriends and his cousin died and yet he lived? And he can't seem to die? Why can't he die? He killed them, and yet he is still alive.

I can't say I know a lot about drugs. Just what you hear on the news and stuff. The strongest thing I've ever been on is laughing gas. So yeah. I know pretty much nothing about drugs. But this sure was an eye opener.

I felt sorry for Quinton. I know that if I had accidentally killed my cousin and girlfriend (or boyfriend in my case) it would eat me up too. But trying to kill yourself with drugs? Not the answer to your problems.

I get why Nova was trying to help Quinton. I know I'd never be that strong. I would probably not do anything. But she is an incredibly strong character, and I have to love that. I never read Breaking Nova, and I'm not sure I want to.

This book was written really, really well. But it hurt so much to read, I'm not sure if I will read the other one. A really great book, but you've got to be able to handle the dark stuff to read books like these.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Nova Reed can't forget him-Quinton Carter, the boy with the honey-brown eyes who made her realize she deserved more than an empty life. His pain was so similar to her own. But Nova has been coming to terms with her past and healing, while Quinton is out there somewhere, sinking deeper. She's determined to find him and help him . . . before it's too late.

Nova has haunted his dreams for nearly a year-but Quinton never thought a sweet, kind person like her would care enough about a person like him. To Quinton, a dark, dangerous life is exactly what he deserves. And Nova has no place in it. But Nova has followed him to Las Vegas, and now he must do whatever it takes to keep her away, to maintain his self-imposed punishment for the unforgivable things he's done. But there's one flaw in his plan: Nova isn't going anywhere . . .


 
 

Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii