Escape In You by Rachel Schurig

Escape In YouEscape In You by Rachel Schurig
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing  

Publisher: Rachel Schurig
Date Published: October 13th 2013
Genre: New Adult Romance

Jet Taylor, or Taylor, as Zoe calls him, is a total bad boy. But deep inside he's just another wounded soul. And he falls head over heels for Zoe. Zoe had it all. Until her mother's sickness means that Zoe has to quit her life to help her mother. Two messed up people who fall for each other.

Okay, so I'm a little bored with this theme of broken people falling for each other. It's becoming redundant, which is why I'm giving it a three star. Maybe not fair rating a book down for becoming a cliche, but the other star I took off because of the drinking-and-suicidal cliches. It's just one book full of cheesy lines and cliches.

Any book that is written without spelling and/or grammar mistakes deserves at least two stars, and I did give the author credit for not throwing in another cliche I'm finding among New Adult--damsel in distress. At least the girls in this book could take care of themselves.

Like I said. It's an okay book. It's not terrible or anything. I'd read it to pass the time, but I probably wouldn't read it again after that. It's not addictive. There's no shebang flash BOOM! Nothing to hook the reader to the book. I think the novelty of cliches just makes the interest fade. Maybe it's what you need. A good filler-story.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

This is a complete story with no cliffhanger! 

Jet Taylor is the quintessential bad boy. A womanizer. A fighter. Dangerous. The type of guy most girls do their best to avoid. But Zoe Janes is no saint herself. In fact, she sees in Jet the perfect opportunity to distract herself from her responsibilities at home and the mistakes that keep her trapped there. He’s gorgeous, likes to party, and is clearly only interested in having fun—just like Zoe. 

The more time they spend together, the harder it is for Zoe to stick to her “fun only” mantra. Jet is getting under her skin, making her believe things could actually be different. She knows they’re both trapped by the sins of their past but Jet is starting to make her think freedom might actually be possible. 

And that makes him the most dangerous boy of all.



Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii