The Heiresses by Allison Rushby

The HeiressesThe Heiresses by Allison Rushby
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing  
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Date Published: May 7th 2013
Genre: New Adult Historical Romance

In Allison Rushby's Heiresses, three triplets--estranged since birth--are thrust together in glittering 1926 London to fight for their inheritance, only to learn they can’t trust anyone--least of all each other.

When three teenage girls, Thalia, Erato and Clio, are summoned to the excitement of fast-paced London--a frivolous, heady city full of bright young things--by Hestia, an aunt they never knew they had, they are shocked to learn they are triplets and the rightful heiresses to their deceased mother's fortune. All they need to do is find a way to claim the fortune from their greedy half-brother, Charles. But with the odds stacked against them, coming together as sisters may be harder than they think.

Yes, I realize I copied the summary instead of inventing my own. So I'm saying right now as not to plagiarise that the description is the official synopsis off of Goodreads and I have no part of it. I Just don't have that many creative zings running through me at this hour. So I thought it best to borrow the description rather than write a bad summary.

Anyways, excuses aside, time for the review. I'm usually in love with historical fiction, but this book was just hard to get into. I suppose I usually lean towards pirates and slaves and such when I'm looking for historical fiction, so this may just not have been my taste. Nevertheless, I had a hard time getting into the story.

Other than not getting into the story I did like it. The writing was well done and things didn't seem amiss. I liked the names of the characters more than the characters themselves, I think. Thalia, Erato, and Clio are such cool names. Thalia I especially didn't like. She was trying to hurt her sisters and then she suddenly liked them? Eh, I don't think so. Clio is incredibly sweet. And Erato is super smart and really wants to have these sisters she's just found out about. I liked those two okay.

The storyline was okay, but it didn't pull me in. Thalia is mainly to blame for that. So overall, an okay story but I probably wouldn't buy the book.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

In Allison Rushby's Heiresses, three triplets--estranged since birth--are thrust together in glittering 1926 London to fight for their inheritance, only to learn they can’t trust anyone--least of all each other.

When three teenage girls, Thalia, Erato and Clio, are summoned to the excitement of fast-paced London--a frivolous, heady city full of bright young things--by Hestia, an aunt they never knew they had, they are shocked to learn they are triplets and the rightful heiresses to their deceased mother's fortune. All they need to do is find a way to claim the fortune from their greedy half-brother, Charles. But with the odds stacked against them, coming together as sisters may be harder than they think.



Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii