Frigid by J. Lynn

Frigid (Frigid, #1)Frigid by J. Lynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) really liked it (my current rating)

Publisher: Spencer Hill Contemporary
Date Published: July 15th 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary

Another amazing read by Jennifer L. Armentrout/J. Lynn!

Sydney is a little shy when it comes to guys. Her last boyfriend screwed her over and then called her frigid afterwards. It's no wonder she's a little timid when it comes to the opposite sex. Except for her best friend, Kyler. She also happens to be in love with him.

Kyler is a player (aren't all the hot guys players?). He's yummy and he's sweet and caring and sleeps with anything that moves. Oh, and he's totally into Sydney. But he acts like the big brother I always wanted/the dad I could've done without. Very protective of his sweet little Syd.

This. Book. Was. AWESOME! I read it and finished it the day it was released. Surely that should tell you something... I couldn't put the effing book down! It was sooooooooooooooooooo good. Probably as good and melted mint choc chip and cookie dough ice cream mixed together with that chocolate sauce that hardens on top. Maybe even better.

One thing I've always loved about Jennifer L. Armentrout/J. Lynn's writing is her characters. They are always so relatable. It's why I loved Katy from the Lux series. It's why I love Sydney from Frigid. The reader can understand her. It's a problem I often times find with authors; they have a good story but no characters that the reader can relate to.

Now I can't really relate to Kyler, but he's a dude, and he slept with everything that moved before he dropped everything for Sydney. I haven't slept with everything that moves, and I have no intention of doing so in the future. Unless it's a bunch of my favorite fictional characters from all of my favorite books. That would be wicked cool...

But at the same time I understand why he slept with all of those. If you're pining for someone you don't think you'll end up with you might want to make yourself move on. I think they way he did it was definitely a dude move. Most girls wouldn't do that. I'm pretty sure most guys with good looks would.

The story was great. I couldn't stop laughing when Sydney got drunk. She was freaking hilarious. Kyler was so cocky it was great. Who doesn't love a cocky dude about to have his ass handed to him by an amazing chick? It's pretty sweet.

Do you really need me to praise this book any more? Get off your lazy ass and buy the book!

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.







Kacii 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii