A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire, #1)A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

Publisher: Bella Forrest
Date Published: December 14th 2012
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy Romance

I was incredibly surprised with this book. I expected a cliché vampire story with pathetic characters and your typical plotline. I got something I definitely did not expect.

Sofia is kidnapped on her birthday by a vampire. She's taken to a place where the sun never shines, and she's selected to be part of the harem of the royal prince. He's addicted to power and he loves blood, so she needs to get far, far away. Only she ends up liking him more than she should.

It was short and sweet, but it kept me hooked. A delicious read. I can't wait to read the next one!

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

On the evening of Sofia Claremont's seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake.

A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.

She is kidnapped to an island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine.
An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains.

Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince.

Despite his addiction to power and obsessive thirst for her blood, Sofia soon realizes that the safest place on the island is within his quarters, and she must do all within her power to win him over if she is to survive even one more night.

Will she succeed? ...or is she destined to the same fate that all other girls have met at the hands of the Novaks?


Add to Goodreads




Kacii

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a nice, fast read. I started to avoid vampire books because I feel like they're all the same, but if you say this one is a bit different, then I guess it's worth a try. :)

Love the new look of your blog, btw!

Oana@All Fantasy Worlds

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii