Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter

Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
it was ok (my current rating) it was ok (my current rating) it was amazing it was amazing it was amazing

PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin 
Date Published: October 2nd 2012
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy Romance

I'll admit I read other peoples spoilers for this book (but I'm not sharing any of them with you, so don't bother asking! I'm a hypocrite, I know). I expected the worst and was dreading the ending of the book. But honestly? It wasn't that big of a deal, I don't think.

Lucas wants Kylie to be a werewolf so that they can be together without any hassle. But Kylie doesn't think she is a werewolf. And she doesn't think that Lucas will accept her.

Derek doesn't care what the hell she is. And he isn't as freaked out about ghosts as all of the other supernaturals. I can understand why she'd like that about him. But he still screwed up. If he really liked her he wouldn't have slept with whats-her-name. Even though they weren't dating, if he really liked her he wouldn't have done that.

So Derek is a phony in my book. Lucas isn't much better in this book. SORT-OF-SPOILER-ALERT: Does he cheat on Kylie? Eh, not really. But he should have told Kylie what he was doing. Even if his ambitions were in the right place, he still should have told Kylie.

This book is filled with drama, I'll give it that. What with seeing Holiday's ghost (nice twist there, btw), and boy drama, and dead people and such. It's a little hectic.

It was an okay book. Not my favorite. I think some parts were too rushed and some parts came out of nowhere. Like 'Holiday's' ghosts' killer. What was up with that? How was he relevant to the series at all? It was just way too random.

And the thing with Lucas happened in a snap. Fredricka was telling Kylie about it, then it happened, then it was over. I think my head spun around too fast for words.

Overall, this was not a great book. But if you like drama, then the drama will make up for it. I do not like drama. So for me the book was very blah. A let down from the first ones.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Shadow Falls Camp is back in session with the most explosive installment yet.  A shocking new threat will rock Shadow Falls—changing it forever and altering Kylie’s journey in ways she never imagined.

Even at a camp for supernatural teens, Kylie Galen has never been normal. Not only can she see ghosts, but she doesn’t seem to belong to any one species—she exhibits traits from them all. As Kylie struggles to unlock the secrets of her identity, she begins to worry that Lucas will never be able to accept her for what she is, and what she isn’t…a werewolf.  With his pack standing in their way, Kylie finds herself turning more and more to Derek, the only person in her life who’s willing to accept the impossible.

As if life isn’t hard enough, she starts getting visits from the ghost of Holiday, her closest confidante.  Trouble is, Holiday isn’t dead…not yet anyway.  Now Kylie must race to save one of her own from an unseen danger before it’s too late—all while trying to stop her relationship with Lucas from slipping away forever.   In a world of constant confusion, there’s only one thing Kylie knows for sure.  Change is inevitable and all things must come to an end…maybe even her time at Shadow Falls.

The breathtaking fourth installment of the New York Times bestselling Shadow Falls series from author C. C. Hunter...Whispers at Moonrise.


Add to Goodreads

Kacii

1 comments:

Leti Del Mar said...

Although I usually enjoy this genre, I can't stand pointless drama in life or fiction. Thanks for the heads up!

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii