Chosen at Nightfall by C.C. Hunter

Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls, #5)Chosen at Nightfall by C.C. Hunter
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
didn't like it didn't like it it was amazing it was amazing it was amazing

PublisherSt. Martin's Press
Date Published: April 23rd 2013
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance

I think this was the worst one. The last one wasn't so great either, but I'm really pissed about this one. I think it could've been so good but it just wasn't.

So Kylie ran off to her group of chameleons, but none of the story took place there. We didn't really learn anything about the chameleons as a species or as actual people. It seemed sort of pointless for her to go there at the end of the last book and then just head back to shadow falls at the beginning of this one.

Everyone is telling Kylie to forgive Lucas, which pisses me off because she has a right to be mad at him. Yes, he realizes he made a mistake and feels guilt for that, but that doesn't excuse what he did. And Derek is so fickle. He likes Kylie, bangs a vampire, loves Kylie, and now he's into Jenny? Seriously?

And Mr. Evil has no point to the series. He has no reason to hate Kylie and want to kill her. And I suppose you could argue that because he's evil he doesn't have to have a reason to want her dead. But for the sake of a story, the evil person has to have a reason. In real life, they probably wouldn't have a reason, like those nutty terrorists. But this is a story and so the villain needs purpose. Even Voldemort had a reason to want to kill Harry.

I think that Lucas giving Kylie a promise ring is tacky and that Kylie would never have stood a chance against the evil dude. I get that its a story and so it doesn't necessarily have to be believable, but it was really... fake.

Not a great book.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Kylie Galen's life hasn't been the same since her world was turned upside-down in Born at Midnight, Shadow Falls #1, and now an epic conclusion to her journey—not to mention a tough choice between two guys!—is brewing in Chosen at Nightfall:

When Kylie Galen left Shadow Falls, she thought it was the hardest decision of her life. Heartbroken and separated from everyone she loves, she has to embrace her abilities and what it means to be a chameleon. But as Kylie's journey comes to a close, she must return to the camp that started it all...and she must finally chose between the two boys who love her. The werewolf who broke her heart when he chose his pack over her, and the half-fae who ran from their intense attraction before they ever really had a chance. For Kylie, everything will finally be revealed and nothing will ever be the same.

Add to Goodreads

Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii