Love Me For Me by Kate Laurens

Love Me For Me (Safe Haven, #1)Love Me For Me by Kate Laurens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

Publisher: Unknown
Date Published: March 26th 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary

Another great read! The New Adult genre is really turning out some stellar books. I loved this book too.

Serena is starting over. No longer is she overweight and letting guys use her body to escape. Now she teaches yoga and is following her dreams, not letting the past control her anymore.

Alex is the perfect, lovable guy. He takes his time with Serena and together they make sparks fly. But when Serena goes home to see her mother who was in a car crash, her past comes back in a whirlwind.

This is a sad story. Well, parts of it are. I love Alex and Serena, they're great together. I don't like the abuse Serena has suffered through. It's horrible. And what's worse is that her mother wouldn't believe her.

I do admire her strength to keep going though. A lot of people who deal with what she had to go through wouldn't be able to hold it together. They would fall apart at the seems, and I think she does a great job of keeping herself together. I think Alex is like an extra dose of glue to keep her together.

A lovely read. Sad pasts, but a great story.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

A fresh start...

It’s been three years since Serena King learned to say no—no to the boys that were a desperate cry for help, no to the extra weight she put on in self defense, and most of all no to the abuse that has haunted her since she was fifteen. Now a sophomore in college, all she wants is to be normal. The last thing she expects is a guy who can make her want... make her want everything.

A new guy...

Alex Blackthorn is a bundle of contradictions, a sexy dark haired badness who goes slow... deliciously slow. And despite the iron will that has gotten her through the last few years, Serena finds herself unable to ignore the heat that sizzles between them whenever they’re together.

A dark past...

Serena never thought she could be involved in a relationship, but Alex makes her long for things she thought were out of her reach forever. When he finds out her secret... when he finds out what she did to keep herself sane... will he still want her, or he will treat her just like everyone else?

And Alex has a secret of his own.


Add to Goodreads





Kacii

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the cover. Tattoos are totally "in" now.

The story sounds really heartbreaking but with a silver lining. I'm definitely adding it to my "to read" shelf on goodreads.

http://penelopereece.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii