Presidents in YA

Happy Presidents' Day! Yeah, normally I wouldn't care either. So I decided to make a post involving books (this is a book blog after all) which have presidents in them. I'm not going to go through all of the books, because that would take forever. But I'll definitely mention a few.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

Legend (Legend, #1) Prodigy (Legend, #2)

The Undesirable (Undesirable, #1)

     So for starters we have The Hunger Games trilogy. I'm pretty sure everyone has read those books. If you haven't, you really should. My mother and grandmother refuse to read them, but that's because they don't like the violence of kids killing kids. I guess that's a valid enough reason. We all know who the president in those books are. President Snow. He becomes a more prominent character in Catching Fire and Mockingjay.

     I'm sure a lot of you have read Legend if not then you must've heard of it. And Prodigy came out a couple of weeks ago. Prodigy is still on my TBR list because I haven't found the time to read it yet. But I'll get to it eventually. And there is a president in Legend, though you only meet the son, if I remember correctly. I think he has a bigger role in Prodigy, but since I haven't read it yet I can't say for sure.

     The Undesirable is also fairly new. Came out at the end of January. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my TBR list. It sounds really good. I suggest you check it out on Goodreads if you haven't already. And the president in this book (going from the blurb, if it changes in the book I wouldn't know yet) is Maxwell Cooper.

Happy Presidents' Day and happy reading!

Kacii

1 comments:

Kay said...

What a fun post for President's Day!

President Snow makes me shake with madness.

The other books I have not read. Hopefully I will get around to Legend soon.

Kay @ It's a Book Life

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii