@ Drugs Called Books) and Lindie Dagenhart (@Lindie Dagenhart).
In order to accept and participate there are some steps:
- Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.
11 Things About Me:
- I went to a French school for the first two years of school.
- I actually couldn't read in English until I was seven, and even then I had to go to special classes for people to help me
- The first books I ever read were slave diaries, Greek mythology, the Magic Tree House and literature classics
- I've wanted to be an author since second grade
- I have three younger brothers
- I can read two books a day if I put my mind to it
- I've traveled to 22 countries
- I've lived in four different countries
- I made my mom a (work in progress) jewelry website to sell the jewelry she designs http://www.tiarasntreasures.com/
- I've been to six different schools in the past six years and this year I'm home schooled.
- My favorite band is Imagine Dragons.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I love to read and I had been visiting several book blogs when I decided that I should start my own book blog. I mean, why not? Reading and blogging? What's not to like?
2. Which is your favorite book and why?
This is a tough one... probably Obsidian, by Jennifer L. Armentrout because it's so creative and I love Damon.
3. Favorite author and the thing you love best about his/her writing?
Tahereh Mafi because the thoughts of her characters are realistic. They're not this pretty perfect writing you usually get. It's real.
4.What is your favorite genre?
5. What do you look for when choosing a book?
Romance, bad boys, and a sprinkle of the paranormal.
6. How do you spend your free time?
Reading, or daydreaming about books. If I'm not reading a book, I'll be thinking about one.
7. What would you change in your life if you could?
All of the complications. I'd make them disappear.
8. What is your biggest dream?
To be a published author.
9. When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt and why?
At Halloween. My friends and I took my younger brother trick-or-treating and my friend Emma said something, I can't even remember what it was, but I laughed so hard I spilled my candy everywhere.
10. How'd you feel when you heard you're nominated?
I was super excited. I'm a newbie blogger, so I didn't expect to get anything for a long time.
11. Any goals for 2013?
Self-publish my story Phoenix.
11 Questions from Lindie Dagenhart:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Hmm, that's a tough question. I wouldn't mind somewhere like Japan or South Korea. I've never been to the Far-East.
2. How many hours in a day do you spend reading or blogging?
That depends. If I'm in the middle of a good book I'll usually try to spend every free moment reading, if I'm not reading then I spend maybe an hour or two a day blogging.
3. What do you think is the most depressing fictional character’s death and why?
***SPOILER FOR MOCKINGJAY BY SUZANNE COLLINS***
Prim's death from Mockingjay. When she died I cried, and I'm not a big crier. I hit the walls with my hands until they were numb. My family had no idea what was wrong with me. I think I freaked them out a bit. But it was like 'What's the point?' Prim was the whole reason Katniss volunteered. The whole reason the story ended up the way it did. Prim the one of the deciding factors. It made me feel like everything was for nothing. In that moment I would understand if Katniss had committed suicide. It was too much.
4. What’s the prettiest book cover on your shelf?
Prettiest? Hmm... probably Incarnate by Jodi Meadows. I think that cover is beautiful.
5. What is your favorite book genre?
Young Adult, without a doubt
If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
6. Blue. Royal blue, aqua, no... ELECTRIC BLUE! My fav color!
7. How do you feel about fanfiction?
It's okay, I suppose. I don't read it, but I have written a FanFiction based off of a sci-fi TV series once. I never finished it, though.
8. What are you planning on reading for the rest of January?
Whatever I can find. A lot of people on Goodreads recommend stuff to me, so I'll see what's good. But there are several releases for January that I've been waiting on. Gates of Paradise by Melissa de la Cruz came out on the 15th, and I'll need to get that soon. Boundless by Cynthia Hand comes out on the 22nd. Prodigy by Marie Lu and Asunder by Jodi Meadows come out on the 29th. I think that's it for January, really. But I have a stack of books to read, so I wouldn't fret about the limited number of books.
9. What’s the predominant book cover colour of the books on your shelf?
I just had to Google the definition of that. The main color... I'm going to go with black, but there's a wide variety.
10. Do you like audio books? And if so, who’s your favourite narrator?
God, I haven't listened to an audio book in ages! I had trouble reading in English when I was learning to read so I went to an ESL group (English Second Language) and they had me listen to audio books and read the books at the same time to help me with the words. Other than that... I've listened to all of the Harry Potter tapes on road trips, but that's it. So no favorite narrator, really.
11. What was your favourite childhood toy?
I had a doll called Molly that had a music box in her butt and she carried a bear and wore a yellow free with a yellow hat and blue plaid lining. She had those old fashioned underthings too and her hair was caramel brown and her eyes were chocolate brown. I've had her since I was a baby. I still have her. She sits on top of my computer desk with all of my other childhood toys.
Questions for the blogs I'm nominating:
- What is the funniest book you've ever read?
- Do you prefer eBooks or print books?
- Favorite book of all time?
- What was the best childhood book you read as a kid?
- Why do love to read?
- Where do you like to read?
- Who taught you to love books?
- When did you realize you were addicted to books?
- Who's your favorite author?
- Which book are you waiting in agony for this year?
- Favorite movie/TV show based on a book(s)?
- @ Reading Infection
- @ Josie's Haven
- @ A Blue Million Books
- @ Eater of Books
- @ Lift You Up
- @ That Girl Reads
- @ Book A Thon Freak
- @ A Novel Undertaking
- @ Bookworm Babblings
- @ Feed on Books
- @ Girl in the Woods Reviews
- @ Teahoney's Book Cafe
- @ Free Verse
- @ Old School Ink
- @ A Piece of She
- @ Murder Lab
- @ My Crazy Book Obsession
- @ The Book Knoll
- @ Zigzag Timeline
- @ Zach's YA Reviews
- @ Time 2 Blog
- @ Three Cats and a Girl