Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters

Bad RepBad Rep by A. Meredith Walters
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok (my current rating) liked it really liked it it was amazing

You know, I thought I'd really like this book. But I couldn't even finish it. The book drove me nuts. I mean, the only reason I'm giving it two stars instead of one is because the way Maysie feels when the other girls act like bitches to her. She totally deserved it for screwing around with another girl's boyfriend behind her back, but still. The way she felt was believable.

I'm not even going to sum the book up. It's a cheating book, and I hate those. So if you want a summery you'll have to go and read the blurb. I feel really sick from the book and I'd rather keep this as short as possible.

I didn't think that the girl would actually make a play for the guy while he still had a boyfriend. And if you're reading this review after having read the book and you go 'hang on, he chased her,' well I'm going to say this: It takes two to tango, buddy. And maybe guys in real life just don't have a strong connection with me, I don't know, but I've never found a guy that I'd give into kissing while he had a girlfriend. Never ever ever ever. I'm just not that girl.

So Maysie cheats with this guy, and then she's moping around about her life and how tragic it is. Come on. That's pathetic. It was her fault, and yes, we're all human and we all make mistakes. But instead of hanging her head like a kicked puppy in shame she should've gone out with a bang, head held high. You make a mistake, live up to it.

I also found something that wasn't fair at all with this book. The guy who actually heats on his girlfriend doesn't get any shit whatsoever. Shouldn't the cheater get some crap thrown at them? I mean, I couldn't finish the book, I stopped at 78% of the way through, but unless he got shit after that, he was treated just as he had been before for the most part. Totally unfair.

I think I've made my point. Bad Rep, is just not my book. In my mind, it's a bad book.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes".

Maysie Ardin is soaking up the summer before her junior year of college, shopping, hanging by the pool and shopping some more. But when her black belt in spending lands her in trouble with her parents, she is forced to take a second job at a local bar to dig herself out of a deep financial pit.

She thought she’d be miserable. But then Maysie didn’t count on Jordan Levitt, the hot, pierced and tattooed, drum playing bartender who also happens to be very interested in her. And the feelings are totally mutual.

It had the makings of the perfect romantic set up. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy has girlfriend? Okay, maybe not.

But attraction is a hard thing to ignore and soon Jordan and Maysie find themselves in the middle of a gossip induced firestorm. Maysie has to learn whether she can set aside her fear of public disapproval in order to be with the one she wants. Or will she let the opinions of others dictate her life and her heart?


Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii