Winner of NaNoWriMo 2012

     Of course I'm not the winner of NaNoWriMo 2012, I'm a winner. If you don't know what NaNoWriMo is, I'll tell you. If you do, skip ahead a bit or refresh your memory. Either works.
     NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. You basically write a novel in one month. It happens every year in November. Now you may wonder what kind of novel (any kind), or how long it has to be (you decide, my goal was 50,000 words).  I wrote 55,925 words.
     You get a badge on Figment (www.Figment.com) for doing NaNoWriMo and if you win you get a prize too. The prize is a secletion of badges for your website (look on my left sidebar for mine), a certificate, and a code to publish five books for free. I find out what the code is sometime in December.
     Now to some people it's just not worth doing. The prizes aren't that cool if you aren't a writer (but even some writers might not like it), it's an entire month of hard work, and what does it get you? Hmm?
     I'm happy I did it. I wanted to last year but only found out about it halfway through the month and I didn't think I'd be able to finish in time if I started. I should've done it and set a lower goal but what the heck. I did it this year and I'm happy with it. I'll be doing it again next year I suppose. It's not the prize that matters, it's the challenege of aquiring the prize.
     Anyway, here's my awesome badge for winning below:
 
My cover for my NaNoWriMo story:

 
And a random NaNoWriMo badge:



     And if you're interested to see a bit of my NaNoWriMo here's the link for that (I think you may have to have an account to see it though, I'm not sure): http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/user/884191

     Reviews to come!

Kacii

2 comments:

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

Congratulations! :) I hope it isn't creepy if I follow you. I found your blog on Figment and it looks really interesting! Check my blog out too: http://myinkandpaperdreams.blogspot.com/ :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii