The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman

The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax  (Mrs. Pollifax #1)The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When you think of spies I imagine James Bond comes to mind, yes? How about a sixty-year-old woman who kicks butt in the most wity way imaginable? Sound like your cup of tea? It definitely sounded good to me.
My grandmother recommended this book to me, and usually the books she recommends are a little wordy for my taste, but this was a hilarious, thrilling read that I enjoyed very much. It's not what I expected, but then again--the title is 'The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax' so I think that's kind of the point.
Mrs. Pollifax is an old woman who is bored of life and has nothing to do with her time left. So she goes to Washington D.C. and then travels to Langley, Virginia, to the CIA. She offers to become a spy. It's so unheard of, and yet she ends up as a courier to pick up a package in Mexico City. Such a simple job, yet everything goes terribly wrong.
Mrs. Pollifax is abducted and taken to Albania where she befriends Mr. Farrel while trying to escape her certain death if she stays. It is a thrilling adventure and I hated to put the book down.
It is a light, quick, read, but it is so good you hardly notice it's short length. And there are more books to follow, so what's the rush?

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii