Independence Day

Happy Independence Day! For those who don't know, the 4th of July in the United States is our day of celebration for independence against the British. My old history teacher would probably want a more in-depth explanation, but you guys have Google at your fingertips, so I'll let you conduct your own research if you're so inclined. As for me, I have some books below to share with you :) and the United States National Anthem, the Star Spangled Banner. It's a remix, but it's pretty good.

 




93734 816870 33614

These books are more children's then Middle Grade, but I'm stretching that rule a little. It's a bit of a pain trying to find books about the Revolutionary War and U.S. independence that isn't nonfiction.


Revolutionary War on Wednesday by Mary Pope Osborne Synopsis: It is a dark and snowy night when the Magic Tree House whisks Jack and Annie back to colonial times. General George Washington is about to lead his army in a sneak attack against their enemy. But now a terrible weather is making the great general question his plans. Can Jack and Annie keep history on track? The fate of the country rests in their hands!

Johnny Tremain by Ester Forbes SynopsisJohnny Tremain, a young apprentice silversmith, is caught up in the danger and excitement of 1775 Boston, just before the Revolutionary War. But even more gripping than living through the drama of Revolutionary Boston is the important discovery Johnny makes in his own life.


The Fourth of July Story by Alice Dalgliesh SynopsisWhat happened on the Fourth of July long before there were fireworks and parades? Alice Dalgliesh takes young readers back to revolutionary times, back to the colonists' desire for freedom and the creation of the Declaration of Independence. Simple text captures the excitement of the era, telling how word of Independence travelled up and down the thirteen colonies, touching the lives of everyday people throughout the land. Like all of Alice Dalgliesh's work, "The Fourth of July Story" remains an American classic.


Happy Independence Day, and happy reading!

1 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I love this remix Kacii! thanks for sharing it, and these are great titles to share!

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii