Wrecked by Priscilla West

Wrecked (Wrecked, #1)Wrecked by Priscilla West
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing  

It was okay. I wasn't amazed by this book or anything. But it wasn't terrible. That seems to be the norm for books these days. Or maybe I'm just getting bored with New Adult.

Lorrie seemed to have won the lottery for the most unlucky person in the world. Her stepfather murdered her mother. And as if that wasn't bad enough, her father committed suicide after the trail was over. Her stepfather was in jail, but the question still remained... why? He was just like any other guy. Why would he kill her mother? Now back at college, Lorrie is faced with the rumors and the looks of pity. No one is ever treating her like a regular person anymore, and she's sick of it. Then one day she trips over a black cat and falls into the frozen river at school. Afraid she's going to die and people will think she committed suicide just like her dad. Lorrie can only hope she makes it.

Hunter is a cage fighter. With a huge secret. He used to be in the Air Force ROTC, but is no longer. He lives off of girls and booze. Fighting is his life... because he doesn't have much of one. But then he see's a girl in the river, flailing about while he was on is morning jog. Time to save a little bit of crazy...

Like I said, it was okay. I think it started out good but then just went to hell. I hated the ending. I think both Lorrie and Hunter screwed up. And then they spent the entire weekend and some classes in bed? Okay, so I get new relationships often have a huge burst of sex, but yikes, I think these two went over the top. But the ending is killer.

It sort of leaves you wanting to read the next book, but not really, because you know how crappy these two characters were in this book. I think I'll skip the next book, since I wasn't too pleased with how this one turned out. And also I don't like series' in New Adult. Unless they feature different characters. I get the impression that this series will continue with these two characters. And I didn't like them enough to want to read them again.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

“There would be no happy ending for us. He was too damaged. I was too broken.”

Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide.

The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive.

Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorrie returns to campus, ready to pick up the pieces of her life. All Lorrie wants is to get back to “normal.”

Then she meets Hunter. The man, the legend, “the Hammer.”

Hunter is a cage fighter who takes on every fight like he’s got nothing to lose. His life is a tangled mess of girls, booze, and fist fights. And while it may seem like he’s got a devil-may-care attitude, he’s fighting a private cage-match with a monster he can’t defeat.

Lorrie knows that Hunter is the exact type of guy she should stay away from, especially in her fragile state, but Hunter has other ideas.

As Hunter and Lorrie grow closer together, will they be able to overcome their pain and heal each other? Or will they both end up wrecked?

 


Kacii
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii