Tuned Tuesday

Tuned Tuesday is my new weekly post matching a song (or more) to a book. And this week the song is...

Anklebiters by Paramore

Another One Bites the Dust by Queen

Okay, so I kind of had to have two songs for this book. I think they both fit. And I'll explain once you look at the book cover and description below.

12081652

Synopsis:

Between the pissed off creatures that want demon-hunter Lily Marks dead and the fallen angel who just...wants her, Lily is about ready to trade in forever for a comfy job in a cubicle farm.

The fact that she and Julian are civil to one another is enough to have her thrown out of the Sanctuary, but she can't shake her not-so-angelic stalker or how he brings her dangerously close to ecstasy.

Her forbidden relationship with Julian provides the perfect fuel for suspicion when a traitor is discovered to be working within the Sanctuary. Lily quickly finds herself hunted by well, everyone.

Her only hope is to discover the real traitor before she loses everything--and she'll need Julian's help. That is, if Julian is really there to help her...and not destroy her.

Yeah, being a Nephilim isn't everything it's cracked up to be.


So, the first song was Anklebiters by Paramore. It's from their new album they self-titled Paramore. Now if you have had a chance to read Unchained, you may guess why I think Anklebiters fits. How about I break it down for those of you who have no clue what the hell I'm talking about? First off, what is an ankle biter? One definition is a child who follows on your heels. Another definition is a person who blindingly follows someone else, often misleadingly. If you've read Unchained, you'll know that Julian accuses Lily of doing exactly that.

The second I would sincerely hope everyone has heard of. Another One Bites the Dust by Queen is a classic. If any there are any oldies out there they'll know what I mean. Well, not old-old people. They'd probably hate the music. I mean middle-aged. But I'm so young anyone over 30 is old to me. No offense meant to anyone, by the way. I digress. people with good taste will know Queen. Or if you were alive when they were really popular too. Anyways, I'm going all over the place here. Lily goes around killing minions, deadheads, and of course the Fallen. And whenever an evil thing is killed by Lily and her friends I keep thinking of this song. Listen to it and you'll understand.

Hope you read Unchained if you haven't already. Happy reading!


Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii