Breathtaking Blogs: Pages of Forbidden Love

Every Thursday I have Breathtaking Blogs, where I feature another book blog on my book blog. And this week's spotlight is on...

3333

About Us:

Founder: Alexa- I’m the head figure of the blog, the one who originally started it all. I’m a 22 year old college student majoring in Nuclear Medicine and Health Care Management. My first love is YA and my second will always be Adult Romance. Ever since starting the blog I have expanded to try manga, urban fantasy, sci-fi and even some audio books. I love the blogging community because I get to talk about my favorite hobby with people who feel the same way. 

Co-Bloggers: Bianca- Hey! I am Bianca. I am a 22 year old college student (majoring in Human Development) who loves to…Yup you guessed it READ! I usually have a book in my bag and if I don’t well then it is a sad day lol. I prefer to read YA but I read other genres also. Books are not my only passion. I also LOVE to (1) Write. I feel like I always have ideas floating around and write whenever and wherever. (2) Listen to music. I can’t go a whole day without listening to music. If it isn’t playing on my Ipod or computer then it is playing in my head or coming out of my mouth (I am in no way a good singer but that doesn’t stop me). (3) Watch movies. I am totally addicted to Netflix and anything on the CW. I have really grown to love blogging and I am honored and excited to be joining Alexa on this blog! 

Johnny- Well hello people of the book blogging world! My name is Johnny. I have known Alexa for quite some time and she is a grand person and what better person to have a blog with. I am excited to be a part of her blog as she considers it to be her baby and her pride and joy. I am a college graduate with a double degree (history and writing). I am currently just trying to find a new job because working where I do at the moment does not seem to cutting it. I figured that this is almost a saving grace because it entitles me to become part of something larger than I could have ever imagined it to be. In the two years that Alexa has invested on the blog, it has grown by leaps and bounds.(Johnny basically likes to read horror, sci-fi, and some graphic novels. I, Alexa, am slowly but surely getting him to try some YA books and maybe even a few adult romances.) 

Associate Reviewers: Pragya- Hi, I am a 25 year old Clinical Psychologist, currently doing PhD in Clinical Psychology. I read just about everything I can get my hands on and at times that includes acknowledgements in books (yes, the thing that you skip by). I love reading those since they give me so much insight into an author’s self. Oh well, enough about that. I read everything from fiction to non-fiction but I primarily love reading YA, thrillers, fantasy, romance as they take me into an entirely different world, the world that has no textbooks in it. I have some quirks, one of them is I NEVER read a book blurb before reading the book. As to how I know which book to buy or read, well, keep guessing. Another quirk of mine is that I read 10 books at a time (when the books are really good, else the number notches upto 15) because I’m too attention deficit to stick to one. I love the blogging world and thanks to it, have around 4000 books on my to-be-read list. Connect with Pragya: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads 

Deb- I’m your normal, run-of-the-mill Midwestern Mom! I’m pretty much a slave to my family so when I’m not waiting on my 21 year old, my 7 year old, or my crazy hubby, I’m buried in my Kindle! I practically don’t go anywhere without it. My husband calls it my “boyfriend,” that being said, I bring my “boyfriend” to bed each and every night! Not that the hubby minds, especially when I read him a HOT bedtime story!! In addition to reading, I enjoy cooking, hunting, camping, and most outdoor activities! I believe in reviewing everything I read because how in the heck are the authors going to know what we like and loathe for future books. Book reviews are highly personal and reflect the opinion of the reviewer: ME, so don’t feel like you have to like a book because I do and vise versa with dislike! Happy reading peeps! Connect with Deb: Goodreads

Guest Post:

From reading Kacii's blog I can tell she loves books that have romance in them. I mean what is a good book if it doesn't have some romance in it. Plus with romance comes those book boyfriends that we can't help but collect over the years. I'm going to showcase some of my favorite book boyfriends from Adult Romance and from YA Romance.
So here is the list of fictional men that I like to think I have all to myself!

Warner from the Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi
Warner is perfect in every way that a book boyfriend should be. He is handsome, powerful, demanding, yet shy and scared of who he might become. His best scene is simply Chapter 62 in Unravel Me.
 
Vishous from Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward
This man was the one I loved from the start of the series. He loves control, is a genius with computers, is smart, and knows his way around a woman’s body. His most famous scene/the scene I love is the bathroom scene with Jane in Lover Unbound.

Alex from Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
This book boyfriend will leave you for a taste of a bad boy with a motorcycle. He is strong, loyal, caring, sweet, and downright sexy. My favorite scene of Alex would have to be when he takes his time making love to the heroine.

Noah from Wild Card by Lora Leigh
This man will break your heart from the moment you meet him. Noah is fierce, sexy, a military man, left for dead on a mission only to come back to win his wife over. He is a changed man though and comes back to his wife in unexpected ways. My favorite scene of Noah’s would have to be when his wife finally realizes what is going on, how he helps his wife learn to live and love again.

Logan from Mythos Academy Series by Jennifer Estep
Logan is a spartan warrior who is brave, strong, smart, charming, dangerous and sexy. He is always there for Gwen no matter how bad things get and the boy is just plain charming. Plus he plays hard to get at first and I always like when romance develops slowly.

Jeff Martini from The Kitty Katt Series by Gini Koch
This man will whip you into shape to make sure his alien race survives but he will also melt your heart a little at a time. Jeff is slightly uptight, runs his command center by the rules, however he can go again and again and again due to his alien genes. My favorite scene with him would probably be in the first book of the series when he first makes love to Kitty. The scene is hot, hilarious, and not too over the top.
 

Bones from the Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost
This man will leave you guessing at every turn but when he does reveal a piece of himself watch out because it will leave you breathless. Bones is mysterious, sexy, a fighter, and an exmanwhore who knows just how to work his body and leave a girl blushing in the morning. My favorite scene with Bones is any scene with him. He demands attention no matter what is going on!
 
Terrible from the Downside Ghosts Series by Stacia Kane
This man will chill you to the bone when you first meet him because he is the badass in town that beats up people in order to get money to his drug lord, there is one woman that will drive him to the point of pain again and again. Terrible is a man who got stuck on the wrong side of the world, he is not a handsome guy but what he lacks in looks he makes up for in personality and love. My favorite scene with Terrible is in the second book of the series when he explains to Chess just how much he loves her and how bad he wants her.
 
And remember while I don’t like to share my fictional men I can’t help but encourage all of you to go pick up the books that these men belong in. The books are sure to give you a great time not just with the hot male but with the storylines as well.


Thank you Alexa! And all of the other members from Pages of Forbidden Love. Those were some great picks (and a couple of them are my faves too). We all look forward to seeing more from you guys! So, if you'd like to go check out Pages of Forbidden Love, click here

Happy reading!



Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii