Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Origin (Lux, #4)Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) really liked it (my current rating)

Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Date Published: August 27th 2013
Genre: Young Adult Sci-Fi/Supernatural/Fantasy Romance

Origin most definitely displays a rollercoaster of emotions. I actually had to run around screaming to calm down before beginning to write this review. That ending is a cliffhanger that's going to make you scream "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????" about a thousand times over.

The story picks up where it left off in the last book with Katy being held by the DOD. Of course, Daemon being Daemon, decided that the best thing he could do was join Katy in her confinement. At first I thought it was a really idiotic idea, but eventually I realized his genius.

We finally find what Luc is, and it is a pretty interesting find. Unfortunately, my lips are sealed, so you'll be getting no info on that lovely discovery. I will say that Daemon holds his promise to burn the world down for Katy or rather *cough, cough* Vegas. But you'll have to read Origin to figure that part out too.

Let's get the bad things about this book out of the way first. To start off, I actually cried, screamed, and caused bodily harm to both myself and my poor bedroom door by hitting it repeatedly. The emotions in this book are INTENSE. It should come with a warning label. I suppose it could be considered a good thing that JLA's writing is powerful enough to make me (and possible others?) react so strongly. But I haven't been this crazed by a book since I read Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I hit a wall that time.

The awesome things about this book are endless. Like I said, powerful emotion could be considered good or bad, depending on your viewpoint. Same with the cliffhanger. It makes me want to hit my door again with the way the book ended, but there's a guarantee that I'll be reading the next book. So I guess it's good for business.

Other great things: Blake goes bye-bye! Finally (though I do feel a twinge of guilt for that). Daemon and Katy have awesome make-up-for-lost-time sex. Yay! Love make-up-for-lost-time sex. It's usually better than the first time they have sex. JLA borrows a little bit from Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (genius idea, BTW). Considering that Sweet Evil is my favorite demon/angel/neph series, I can appreciate the awesomeness of that.

There's so many other things that happen that would blow your socks off, but, in Katy's words "I'm trying to keep the mystery alive." You'll read that quote in Origin :) and I think it fits so I'm borrowing it from Katy.

Overall, this book is wonderful, it'll keep you on the edge of your seat and I'm sure my family is glad that I've finished reading so the mood swings from crying to screaming to being increasingly violent will stop. Too bad for them I plan on reading it again *cue evil laugh*

Trust me, you're going to love it ;)

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?






Amazon Paperback / Kindle / Barnes & Noble (Nook & Paperback)

I hope you guys will all read this book! I really loved it. Any of you have other books by JLA that you'd recommend? I've read Frigid, Wait For You, all of the other books in the Lux series, and Obsessed. I don't know all that much about her other books. Suggestions? You're welcome to recommend books that are totally unrelated to JLA as well.


Kacii 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii