With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent Review + Author Interview

With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) really liked it (my current rating)

Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Date Published: March 26th 2013
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy Romance

When Kaylee tries to take back her school from the hellions, she lands her butt right in hell. Literally. The stakes are higher and Kaylee makes a deal with the devil (er, hellion) of wrath. As time begins to run out, Kaylee realizes that she may have to give herself up to save all of her family and friends.

Okay so this book was intense. Most series' get dull after the first three books--not this one. Every single book in the Soul Screamers series has kept me riveted. With All My Soul is no exception.

My only complaint about this book was that it was ended too fast. I loved this series, and even after seven books and a couple of novellas I still wanted more. I have a feeling I'll be reading these books again and again. The story never gets old ;)

It was the flawless ending to an amazing series. Kaylee and Todd are so perfect for each other, though one part at the end is bittersweet, when Kaylee is reunited with the others. It brought everything to a close.

To be simple put, I loved it.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.

But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has....


Add to Goodreads

Author Interview

Q. What made you write about bean sidhe/banshees?
A. I was looking for something I hadn’t seen used much in paranormal. Bean sidhes fit the bill, and there was plenty of room for me to add to the original mythology.
Q. How are your books so awesome? Advice for future authors/writers?
A. Oh, thanks for thinking they are! As for advice, honestly, it’s a tough time to try to get into traditional publishing. But the old advice is still true. Read a lot and write a lot. Hone your craft. And prepare yourself for rejection. That’s just how this business works.
Q. When did you start writing such amazing books?
A. I started writing seriously in mid-2004. I started querying agents in late 2005 and landed my first agent just before Thanksgiving of that year. Stray sold in January of 2006.
Q. Any future projects you want to tell us about?
A. No, sorry. I’m not at liberty yet to discuss what I’m currently working on. ;)
Q. I think everyone is in love with Todd. Why did Kaylee end up with Todd instead of Nash? Did you want that from the start, or did it just happen as the story went along?
A. No, that’s not how I intended for things to go. But after My Soul To Keep, I knew that both Nash and their relationship were irrevocably altered. Their relationship was uneven, and Nash was no longer a healthy choice for Kaylee. Fortunately, Tod stepped up. ;)

 

Kacii 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii