Independance Day Post

Happy fourth of July! I'm sure most of you know (either because you are American yourself or you just happen to know America's day of independence), the four the of July is Independence Day! So I'm going to celebrate being freed from the English (even though I'm half British...) and I'm going to keep it book related. How so? Look below!

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

SPOILERS!

If you haven't read Mockingjay, then stop reading. If you have, then you know how it ends. It's horrible. It made me cry. But anyway, in the end the districts get their independence from the Capitol. Er, they take over the capitol. Same sort of thing. Kind of.

Synopsis:

My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead.

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans - except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. she must become the rebels' Mockingjay - no matter what the personal cost.


Add to Goodreads

Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House, #22)

This is more children's fiction than Middle Grade, but whatever. It fits the bill. And I'm sure we've all read these at one point or another.

Synopsis:

It is a dark and snowy night when the Magic Tree House whisks Jack and Annie back to colonial times. General George Washington is about to lead his army in a sneak attack against their enemy. But now a terrible weather is making the great general question his plans. Can Jack and Annie keep history on track? The fate of the country rests in their hands!

Any books I forgot? Tell me about them!




Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii