Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

Publisher: Atria Books
Date Published: April 16th 2013
Genre: Upper YA Contemporary Romance

I have been waiting to read this book for-freaking-ever. I loved Beautiful Disaster, and I love Walking Disaster even more. There's something to be said about having the same story from two different perspectives.

Obviously, if you've read Beautiful Disaster, then you know the story already. But there's details that are different, and the mindset of the protagonist is different too. I always love it when authors write books from two characters POV's, and have two separate books about the same story, well, Jamie McGuire kicked butt by writing this story.

Travis is mister ladies man, until he gets to know Abby and finds out that she's everything he's been waiting for. Trying to get her to see that he wanted a committed relationship would prove easier said then done. And when Abby's past comes to smack them in the face, will it tear them apart?

I almost want a dun-dun-dudah sound effect there. But seriously, this book was so cool. I always liked Travis more than Abby, mainly because I wanted to strangle Abby. That motion continued in Travis's POV, probably more so.

Abby is just so... frustrating. And seeing her through Travis's eyes reinforced that fact. She blames Travis when he tries to get over her, and yet she was the one who broke up with him. She needs to wake up and get her head out of her ass.

Besides the craziness that is trouble in paradise, I loved the ending. When you guys read it, you'll understand. It continues on past the point where it ended in Beautiful Disaster. My lips are sealed, as I don't want to give anything away. But man, it is SO good.

I really sympathize with Travis. He has to deal with this crazy, conflicted girl who doesn't explain her reasoning for anything and gets emotionally upset when she has no right to. Before, when I was reading Beautiful Disaster I was insulted by Travis with the whole Vegas part where he wants to go fight for Denny. But now I'm insulted by Abby.

Abby didn't really explain to Travis why she didn't want him to work for Benny. She just said no, and before I thought well surely Travis sees the problem. Now I see it's Abby's fault for not explaining. We all know how mule-headed men can be, so she should have it explained that it would have hurt her knowing he was working for Benny.

But Abby didn't. Travis was blind with money lust and ignorance, and instead of sitting down and clearing away the cobwebs in his head she left. Well bravo, deary, you're doing a bang-up job of protecting the guy you love. Even if she had wanted to break up with him over it, she should have tried to help him for his own good. Isn't that what love is? Putting the other person first?

All that aside, Abby later had a chance to get back together with him but declined because he was trying to get over her like she said. Oh, and then she had the audacity to be hurt and mad when Travis tried to sleep with Megan to erase her memory. I think you can see why I'm frustrated with her.

I really like Travis though. His thoughts made more sense than Abby's did and his reasoning was sound, as far as I'm concerned. A nice, level-headed character. Well, he does have a temper, but I can relate so that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

To sum it up, I am so in love with this story, and I loved it even more from Travis's point of view. I'm pretty sure Travis makes everything better. He's a really cool character, and I liked his brothers too. I do wonder what will happen between Trent and Cami... Anyways, I highly recommend this, it was well worth the wait to read it. And congrats to Jamie McGuire for writing such an antsy, awesome story.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

How much is too much to love? Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.
In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. Just when he thought he was invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Jamie McGuire's New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it's time to see the story through Travis's eyes.



Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii