Girls Love Travis Walker by Anne Pfeffer

Girls Love Travis WalkerGirls Love Travis Walker by Anne Pfeffer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

Publisher: Anne Pfeffer
Date Published: March 15th 2013
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary

Such a great story. A very nice read. It had it's serious moments, its happy moments, and its moments that made me want to cry. But in the end, it rocked.

Girls Love Travis Walker is about a guy called Travis. He has some of the worst luck handed to him. For one thing, his dad got sent to jail due to an attempted armed robbery because he had a gambling addiction, one where he always lost. By being sent off to jail he left his son to take care of his wife who was too sick to work. Travis dropped out of school so he could pay rent and keep food on the table. One by one things start to fall out of place until Travis is left homeless and eating out of a dumpster.

For a while towards the end when Travis lost everything I felt an overwhelming sense of sadness. There are lots of people around the world who go through this. And there are people who think life's unfair when they don't get the newest iPhone. Ridiculous. Travis's life is unfair. He has to put up with all of this crap to simply survive.

At the end I was so happy for Travis. He got his life back on track which was great. He had a future. One which could end up full of happiness. It made me happy that he didn't just sit and sulk in his own misery. He tried to do something about it.

I do wish he'd let someone help him. I wish he'd told Zoey. I wish he's let his councilor help him. Even the Fire Station guys. I'm sure they all would've loved to help him. Yet he was so ashamed of his life that he blocked them all out and tried to take on the world himself.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

To nineteen-year-old high school dropout Travis Walker, women are like snowflakes--each one different, but beautiful in her own way.

He can charm any girl he meets, and yet down deep he fears he'll always be a loser like his jailbird father. As the landlady threatens to evict him and his sick mother, Travis takes a job he hates and spends his evenings picking up girls at a nearby night spot.

When he enlists in a teen program at the local fire station, he finds out he’s amazing at it. Then he meets the smoking hot Kat Summers, enlists Kat’s friend Zoey to help him woo her, and falls in love for the first time ever.

But he keeps the details of his life secret. His girl will never love him back if she knows the truth about him….



Kacii

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey please check your email!!! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sincerely,
Anastatia and Amelia

Kay said...

This sounds like a pretty darn good book. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Unknown said...

What am I looking for?

Unknown said...

No problem!

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii