Girl Power Post

I don't know how many of you realise this, but tomorrow is International Women's Day. So I'm doing a post about girl's who kick butt. Not just any girls, but girls who are in books. This is a book blog after all.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)Divergent (Divergent, #1)Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)Delirium (Delirium, #1)Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)

There are so many more, but I choose my favorites to show with you. We all know The Hunger Games, so I don't think that one really needs explaining. Katniss fights for her life, Peeta's life, and of course Prim's life. But she shoves her foot up the Capitol's ass while doing it. Kudos to her.

Divergent. Another one I'm sure we're all familiar with. Tris is a total badass shortie who kicks butt in so many ways. If you haven't read that book, you're seriously missing out. Like, really missing out. I don't think you can grasp how much your missing out.

Graceling. Hmm, this is a little trickier to explain. Katsa can kill super easy. You find out later that's not all she's good at. But anyway, Katsa kicks a load of booty's in Graceling. It's a fantasy book, a little hard to get into if you're not into fantasy. But it's damn good.

Oh. My. God. I hope to hell. I don't have to explain Vampire Academy to you. Rose, such an innocent name for such a deadly person, is pretty much the master of ass-kicking and boy-whopping. Or whatever. READ. IT. NOW. If you haven't already.

Delirium. Another one you should have read. But it's really in Pandemonium that Lena steps up into her role of a butt-kicker. And the third book, Requiem, came out this past Tuesday, I believe. I hope for more ass-kicking and I hope the damn love triangle ends. I Hate love triangles with a vengeance.

Raised by Wolves is one of my favorite books. Especially in the independent women department. You know how supposedly women are usually weaker then men? Yeah well this is a book about werewolves. To start off, if you're human you're weak. But if you're a human, and a girl? Man, you are so weak. Or not. Because Bryn is human and she's a girl. And guess what? She ends up as an alpha. Yes, a human female leading a bunch of wolves who are stronger than her weak pitiful self. She kicks ass. So suck on that you bastards!

Foul language aside, I am all about girl power. So I hope you enjoyed this post, and I hope you show support to women everywhere. You don't have to actually kick a dude's ass to be supportive. I am just a serious enthusiast when it comes to pointing my middle finger at the males of our lovely species.

See ya later people!


Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii