Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The first thing that keeps me wondering in this book is 'What is she running away from?' Abby is an interesting character that keeps you guessing and wondering even when you're not reading the book.

That being said, the plot was a little far-fetched for me and there wasn't really an obvious conflict besides what was happening between Abby and Travis. I kept wondering when the book was going to be over.

Don't get me wrong, the books great and all, it just needs something... more. There wasn't really anything besides the relationship between Abby and Travis. It kind of got old, and I got really annoyed at Abby for being so dim-witted at times.

A lot of things in this story were extreme, and not always in a good way. It was a little too fictionally and unrealistic. It's a shame, because the first time I read this I would have given it five stars.

But the more I read it the more I noticed the gaps and the problems and things that just turned me off as a reader. That being said, I did like the idea and a lot of the story did appeal to me.

I think the story needs a little revision, but that's just my opinion.

View all my reviews

1 comments:

Lectus said...

I have to get around to reading this book :-)

Hi from Book Blogs. I'm following you now!

Also, this is the link to a meme I started. Check it out and if you want to do it don't forget to add your link at the bottom. http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-good-bad-and-ugly-3.html

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii