Renovation Complete!

Hi everyone!

I'm so happy that my blog is back up. These past few months have been incredibly stressful trying to fix-up the blog and get back into the swing of school. I really needed that break, and even though things on the blog we're slow-going, my life has been a whirlwind of activity these past few months.

To start off, I went to visit colleges. I was gone for a week and a half, and then got sick on the way back (so I actually missed two weeks of school-let me tell you, it's so not fun having to catch up. I'm still trying to juggle my normal course load and catch up the work I missed). I have also been sick twice since returning to school. I have not been a happy camper.

Now with one last week in the quarter, I am almost ready to get back on track here. This next week may be a little on the slow side, but I will do my best to keep the blog updated. Just bear with me. Especially since in just a short amount of time it will be my two-year blogoversery! Yay! I am so incredibly excited for that.

I have lots of goodies I have hoarded from book conventions to give away to y'all, so hopefully you guys will be just as exuberant as I am. If you have a moment, spread the word and save the date that November 8th is The Kooky Bookworm's second blogoversery and there will be several giveaways and prizes.

Changes to the blog:

I tried. I really did. But I have written so many reviews and I simply did not have the time to rewrite each one of them. So, I have come up with an alternative system. I will separate my new reviews and my old reviews. That's the best I can do for the moment. Note that my reviews are more polished and are held to a higher standing than my older reviews.

It's not that all of my old reviews are bad (though some, like the first I ever wrote, really are. In my defense though, I was trying to find my style and my voice. I'll go into that at a later date), it's just that my more recent reviews have a different style and (in my opinion) are better written.

And another thing to add, before I depart for today to go do my homework; next month is NaNoWriMo. For those of you who don't know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. Every November people from around the globe spend 30 days trying to write a novel, usually about 50,000 words. I have done it for the past two years and plan to do it again next month.

I've been looking forward to NaNoWriMo for the entire month of October, planning and scheming in my mind what I'm going to write. I'm super excited. I think this is going to be another one of my stories that actually makes it. Out of the billion or so ideas I come up with, most don't make it past the first page of writing. But this one I think will. Just as Phoenix did. I even have had offers from people to be my beta readers when I'm done writing it.

Hopefully this won't impact my blog too much. I started my blog around the same time I started NaNoWriMo, and I've been doing okay so far. I only have to write about 2,000 words a day to meet my goal, and less than that to continue with my blog. So, let's cross our fingers, yeah?

Happy reading! More updates to come!

May the odds be ever in your favor... (who else is super excited for the release of Mockingjay, Part 1 next month?)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii